The school clinic is well equipped in providing immediate medical assistance to student and staff. In case of emergency situations, the nurse assists the student to the PAS Clinic which is inside the administration block; nurse contacts the parents to information regarding the same. Any health concerns brought to the attention of the nurse are communicated to the parents. Parents are requested to update their children’s medical condition/allergies if any.
The school nurses conduct yearly basic health checks and arrange workshops with the help of ministry of health doctors for students on various health-related topics. The nurse communicates with the Ministry of Health in order to administer vaccination/checks as required by the Ministry.
The social worker works with students, parents or guardians and teachers in a variety of ways. This includes:
- students individually and in groups
- assisting parents to make informed decisions about their child's education
- assessing students' learning and behaviour
- assisting schools to identify and address difficulties and special needs that affect students' learning
- liaising with other agencies concerned with the well-being of students
- workshops for students, staff and parents
- supporting staff facing difficulties
- assisting in crisis and child protection situations with the agreement of parents, school social worker passes onto teacher’s information that assists them to better meet the needs of their students. Students may refer themselves to the social worker. Student's reasons for seeing the social worker may include worrying about school work, conflict with friends, being in trouble at school or just feeling "down". Parents or Guardian may seek advice from school social worker about their child's school progress, educational options, including access to Learning Support services, behaviour and for information about help available from other agencies(MOE or Boards). Except when students refer themselves to the Social worker, parents are involved from the outset. Their consent is required before any psychological testing is undertaken.